Tour of the Geneus facilities, a pre-incubator for health-related startups, and some of the companies that have emerged as a result of their services.
Presentation by Jan Van Mol about modular magazines and different ways to offer or present content - may be relevant to the FerMUN press team.
Presentations by the SDG Summer School students on the progress they have made with their projects. Presentations by SDGo students (the winning team, Scups) and their mentor about the SDGo competition and the winning project.
Video about Scups' SDGo project:
Presentation of FerMUN to Summer School and SDGo students and mentors.
Consolidation of notes and analysis of the SDG Summer School student projects at the level of relevant SDG targets and indicators.
Presentation by an expert about Open Source Hardware and Software, which may be of interest to some committees as it relates to WIPO and intellectual property.
Meeting with a representative of Goodwall, a LinkedIn for high school and university students focused on extracurricular achievements - such as MUN conferences.
Discussion with Chinese high school students (the winners of the SDGo innovation contest) about building a relationship between FerMUN and SDGo. Options include:
- A side event or display at the FerMUN conference dedicated to projects from SDGo
- Inviting SDGo students to FerMUN, if possible
- Involving Ferney's SI students in SDGo projects, if possible
The visit of the SDG Lab was a very interesting experience for us. We saw many young people working on different projects to do with the SDGs. Something really amazing is the workplace, it's not a sad place, it's an open lab with many bean bags and even lego games. That's in this living environment that we spent a lot of time learning what Open Source is and the importance of team building.
This week at SDG Solution Space was really great. I've met a lot of interesting people who were working on SDGs to make our world better. They were making projects about the SDG 3 ( Health) such as an app to verify if you are wearing an helmet before taking a bike. With my comrades, we've learned a lot about SDGs and Open Source thanks to the presentation made by a guest. That was a great experience which will help me for the next FerMUN.
I would to thank all the people who made this week so much great and especially M.Grey.
This week was very interesting as we learned more about SDG's. For example we found out more about the targets concerning the different SDG's and we linked them with the projects. I understood that there are many ways to handle SDG's as we at MUN do debates and these summer school students work one more practical and technical solutions. I found it very entertaining that students our age were able to create a really developped project with the SDGO challenge.
I had so much fun this week, it was an amazing chance for me to learn more about the SDG's and the different projects that are created to make the world better. It inspired me to think more about my future and about how I could contribute to the progress. After this mini summer camp, i'm looking forward to FerMUN 2019!
An amazingly enriching experience; I'm super excited to see the ways in which the FerMUN-SDG lab collaboration will evolve!
A huge thanks to everyone who made this great week possible, especially Mr. Grey, who was a wonderful guide in this adventure .
Through SDGo, FerMUN has been able to contact a Chinese high school, Xishan, which may be able to send a delegation to the FerMUN 2019 conference.
Details are still to be confirmed, including various questions from the school concerning the following:
- Certificates (student participation, best delegate, teacher participation, school participation)
- Tourism opportunities (CERN visit, UNOG visit, Red Cross museum)
- The possibility of a separate event involving the Chinese delegation and WIPO official(s), such as a discussion on IP in China or a workshop on civil activism for IP / promoting respect of IP in China. Could also involve Ferney students.
- A side event at FerMUN 2019 dedicated to SDGo student projects (water purification devices) - posters, prototypes
- A presentation of SDGo / projects by a student team at the opening ceremony of FerMUN 2019
- The possibility of a discussion between Ferney's SI students and SDGo students on technical questions / SDG-related technology projects...