Open Science 06 - Share it !
The project is about creating a plateform where creators and machine owner can meet to start a project ; the goal is to share to someone a special device (3d-printer for exemple) wich is not used by his owner frequently to avoid buying new devices just for one project
The project need a quite specific definition in order to move on more pratical asspects. The only tools needed here is our brains, some paper and a pen.
Here is the main idea : the service will be like a meeting app for :
1. People who own machines but don't use them. People will be offered a certain price to give their machine and will have the benefit to be able to user their machine at anytime, get informations about their it and how to use them. This would enable them to have a growing knowledge about their equipment.
2. People who need machines to open a makerspace or to launch a specific project but don't have the funds to buy these machine or don't want to buy them
We need to choose how we will create the service : web page, desktop application or mobile application ? We deciced to have a web page and maybe a smartphone app.
The service needs to be on point in order to have precise information about the equipment that may be interesting. People need to be able to post at anytime the equipment that they are not using anymore and that they want to give.
We need to contact some people to give us advices about the project. Jean-Marie Durney is the person that we were advised to contact.
Edit 1 : We found an interesting site which be a good base for the project : https://makershare.com
-Reuse of differents equipments present in different makerspace
-Limitation of the production of expensive machines
-Production choosen to be more respectfull of environnement and based on real problem of society
Make open-data documents to help people :
- Understand what it's possible to do with all the ressources available.
- Make contact with people to get help
- Make a complete project and wait for differents makerspace to help on different steps